I have only been reading other peoples blogs for a few months and only three days ago discovered Google Reader. My blog list is very long and I was starting to get discouraged that I would be able to keep up with them all. I only started this blog a couple of months ago and have been reading how other people get tagged and tell their weird stuff. Well now I have been tagged by Beth over at ModernJax. So here are my:
Seven strange things:
1. I was voted ~Most Talented~ my senior year in high school and back then I felt it was totally justified. This year is my 20 year reunion and I am feeling less confident that I have lived up to their expectations. Then I think "heck yeah, I'm talented".....I'm just not famous yet.
2. I do not like to taste food as I am cooking (with the exception of cookie dough and frosting). The result is usually woefully under salted/seasoned. I also will not eat a dish that I made if I had to handle the meat too much. Like if I had to chop up a whole chicken then I make the whole dish and serve it, and then I have cereal for dinner.
3. I do not like raw tomatoes except in fresh salsa, but they can't be mushy. Once, when I was thirteen, I was invited over to my elderly sunday school teacher's house for brunch. Just me. She served lots of peeled tomatoes with thousand island dressing and crab salad on bread which was then toasted with cheese on top. I ate more thousand island dressing on those tomatoes than I have eaten in my whole life since. Those crab toasts were not so hot either.
4. If I could only have one type of food for the rest of my life--it would be Thai. mmmmmm.
5. I tend not to be creative, or want to be, unless I am very busy--I need interaction in order to create.
6. My favorite series of books in the whole world are the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books. I am always stunned to meet people who haven't read them or don't appreciate them. Then I discovered that many people think that they are an adolescent male thing. Sigh. I doubt an adolescent male really understands what he is reading. If you doubt the brilliance of Douglas Adams, check out Last Chance to See. That is his masterwork and is not even science fiction. (Ok, so I have no idea why this is so giant, sorry)
7. I have hearing aides but I hate to wear them so you'll just have to speak up.
Now I have to tag 7 other people. That is gonna be tough because I cannot think of anyone that hasn't been tagged. I guess I will post this and do some research and get back to you. I have more to say but it will have to wait.