Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Burst of Craftiness

School must be starting soon because I am feeling the need to make stuff.  While out thrifting yesterday, I found this flannel and corduroy in perfectly matching colors.  Probably somebody else's project extras and since this green is pretty much my favorite color I had to get them.  I usually wait a few weeks to several years before I do anything with my fabric but I felt like these needed to be in a quilt and right away.  I gathered the lace myself from a huge spool of double edged eyelet and put a needle punched cotton batting in the middle.  Then I washed it and look how nice it turned out!  I almost like the corduroy better than the printed flannel side.

I know the colors could have been boy or girl but the eyelet was crying out to be used.  Now I need to find a recipient--sometimes I want to have another kid so that I can make more cool baby stuff and keep it but I am thinking that is not a good reason to have a baby.  I feel certain that the months of barfing would make me rue the day I ever made a cute baby blanket.  Not to mention the whole other person to take care of for the next forever!


susan said...

oh its so pretty. which is the flannel and which is the corduroy? that is one of my fave colors too. how big is it?

mrmonkeysuit said...

I love that lime green, perfect for a baby :)

Jessi said...

Hi Pasha!
I just found your blog. I love this little quilt! So cute, and I love green. The eyelet is a very nice touch as well.