Saturday, June 21, 2008

I have been dreaming of a linen quilt.

Pile of washed linen clothes from the 50 cent rack at the thrift store.  About $8 worth of clothing--mostly 100% linen but some are linen/cotton blends.  (that shiny grey there is a lining)


Buttons, zippers, labels and cut up linen fabric.


Close up of the lovely pile that will be a quilt.  I am going to do 5" squares in a random pattern.  after I have cut up all of this I am considering adding a few embroidered squares from my hankie/handtowel stash.
I am cutting up the squares now and will be posting the results soon!

4 comments:

Sonya said...

It looks beautiful. I love the before and in-process photos.

Barbara said...

What a great idea! You are ambitious!

Anonymous said...

I love the color combo, your courageous to start such a big project , can't wait to see it finished!
Take care,
Diane

susan said...

wow that is a lot of cutting! i get daunted just doing a fitted sheet, so woohoo to you!
i love linen and i think its the best for tote bags, dont you??